- Jones M., Dearden A., Dunckley L., Frohlich D.M. & Light A. (2009) Stepping in: An outsiders guide to crossing the digital divide. User Experience Magazine, forthcoming.
- Frohlich D.M., Rachovides D., Riga K., Frank M., Bhat R., Edirisinghe E., Wikramanayake D., Jones M. & Harwood W. (2009) StoryBank: Mobile digital storytelling in a development context. Proceedings of CHI 2009:1761-1770. New York: ACM Press.
- Frohlich, D.M., Bhat R., Jones M., Lalmas M., Frank M., Rachovides D., Tucker R. & Riga K. (2009) Democracy, design and development in community content creation: Lessons from the StoryBank project. Information Technology for International Development (ITID), forthcoming.
- Frohlich D.M. & Jones M. (2008) Audiophoto narratives for semi-literate communities. Interactions Magazine, Nov/Dec 2008,pp 61-64.
- Jones M., Harwood W., Buchanan G., Frohlich D., Rachovides D., Lalmas M., Frank M. “Narrowcast yourself: Designing for Community Storytelling in a Rural Indian Context”, To be presented at DIS2008, 25-27 February 2008, Cape Town South Africa
- Rachovides D., “We come and go, what happens after the projects end?”, HCI2007 Workshop on “Designing human centred technologies for the developing world” held at HCI2007, 3-7 September 2007, Lancaster University, UK
- Rachovides D., Frohlich D. , Frank M. “Interaction Design in the Wild”, In the Proceedings of British HCI2007, Volume 2, September 2007, Lancaster, UK
- Lalmas, M., Bhat, R., Frank, M., Frohlich, D., and Jones, M. 2007. “Bridging the digital divide: understanding information access practices in an indian village community.” In Proceedings of the 30th Annual international ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in information Retrieval (Amsterdam, The Netherlands, July 23 - 27, 2007). SIGIR '07. ACM, New York, NY, 741-742.
- Jones, M., Harwood, W., Buchanan, G., and Lalmas, M. 2007. “StoryBank: an indian village community digital library”. In Proceedings of the 2007 Conference on Digital Libraries (Vancouver, BC, Canada, June 18 - 23, 2007). JCDL '07. ACM, New York, NY, 257-258.
- Frohlich D., “Applying digital storytelling technology to community radio in India” CHI’07 Workshop on “User Centered Design and International Development” held at CHI’07, April 28th 2007, San Jose California, USA
- Jones, M. 2006. Voices across the digital divide. interactions 13, 3 (May. 2006), 16-17.
- IEEE Consumer Electronics
- IEEE Transactions in Consumer electronics
- Mobile HCI’07
- Royal Society
- Nat Tech University of Singapore
- Google India
- MSR India
- Frohlich D., “Using digital stories for local and global information sharing”, talk at HP labs October 2007
- Rachovides D., “We come and go, what happens after the projects end?”, HCI2007 Workshop on “Designing human centred technologies for the developing world”, 4 September 2007- Presentation available online
- Frohlich D., “Community-centred design: Lessons and examples from the Indian context” Keynote at HOIT’07 Chennai, India, 22-25 August 2007
Publicity - Periodicals
- “Village reaches out, the digital way “ by Charu Sudan Kasturi In The Telegraph – Calcutta India Monday 11th June 2007
- “Reaching Across The Digital Divide” by Emily Cleland in Online Journalism, The Cardiff School of Journalism, Media and Cultural studies Cardiff University, updated 15 December 2006
- Human-centred technologies for sensitive development Article about presentation at HCI2007 Workshop on “Designing human centred technologies for the developing world”, 1st December 2007. More info
- University of Surrey Festival of Research, Poster entry “Writing with my phone: Explorations in audiovisual information sharing for non-literate communities in the developing world.” David Frohlich & Dorothy Rachovides
- News Wales
- Swansea University
- i-uk Magazine
- Most Mobiles...
- innovations report