James Walker, BSc (Swansea) MRes (Swansea)
I'm a PhD student in the Visual and Interactive Computing
research group at Swansea University
, supervised by Dr Mark W. Jones
- Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
- Information Visualisation
- Visual Analytics
Owen R. Bidder, Hamish A. Campbell, Agustina Gómez-Laich, Patricia Urgé, James Walker, Yuzhi Cai, Lianli Gao, Flavio Quintana, Rory P. Wilson, Love Thy Neighbour: Automatic Animal Behavioural Classification of Acceleration Data Using the K-Nearest Neighbour Algorithm PLoS ONE 9(2). [Web].
- J. Walker, Z. Geng, M. Jones, and R. S. Laramee, Visualization of Large, Time-Dependent, Abstract Data with Integrated Spherical and Parallel Coordinates, Eurovis Short Papers, 43-47, 2012. [doi].
- Z. Geng, J. Walker, and R S. Laramee, Markov Chain Driven Multi-Dimensional Pattern Analysis with Parallel Coordinates, in Proceedings of Vision, Modeling, and Visualization (VMV) 2012, 12-14 November 2012, pages 191-198, Magdeburg, Germany. [PDF].
Refereed Abstracts & Presentations
- James Walker and Robert S Laramee, Visualisation of Animal Tracking Data, Refereed Abstract and Presentation at the British Conference of Undergraduate Research (BCUR), University of Central Lancashire, 19-20 April 2011. Presentation (PPT) | Abstract (PDF),
James Walker, Mark W Jones, Robert S Laramee, Owen Bidder, Agnustina Gomez-Laich, Flavio Quintana, Matched Filtering Viz - A Visual Analytics Approach for the Semi-Automatic Classification of Time-Series Data Technical Report, Department of Computer Science, University of Wales, Swansea, UK, August 2013 (PDF file forthcoming )
- James Walker, Visualisation of Large, High-Dimensional, Time-Dependent, Abstract Data, 2012. (PDF) | Video (Youtube)
- James Walker, Visualisation of Animal Tracking Data, 2011. (PDF) | Video (Youtube) | Doxygen (Web)
- CS-337/CS-M07 Data Visualization - Teaching Assistant (2012, 2013, 2014)
- CSF101 – Programming 1 (Python) - Teaching Assistant (2013)
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Office: 4th Floor Faraday Tower
- Address: Computer Science Department, Faraday Tower, Swansea University, Swansea, SA2 8PP.